Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Shack On a Stick in San Anselmo

Another Marin POS fan sent this one in. The write-up for this San Anselmo POS goes something like this:
Blah blah blah needs some definite TLC blah blah blah
This picture was taken by the reader who had this to say:
You had asked if I had any pictures of the San Anselmo wreck that I saw on Sunday. I had to go by that area today so I snapped a couple of pictures. I tried to take it from the side because it is on these ~scary~ looking stilts and looks like it will blow down in a stiff breeze! This architectural wonder is $699,000.

The side wood thingy is leaning dangerously to the left. The for sale sign says view, but it is in the woods. Hmmm, I think if you were standing on the roof with a telescope you could see hills…
This shack on a stick comes in at 3 br 1 ba, built in 1965, 1536 sq ft. Asking $699,000.

9 Comments:

Blogger marine_explorer said...

Personally, I'd be pretty concerned about living in a lot of these hillside homes; has anyone else noticed that many have simple wood supports? Your home is only as safe as its weakest link. Quakes aside, I'd hate to think how termites or dryrot could lead to something catastrophic (or expensive).

May 16, 2006 4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Personally, I'd be pretty concerned about living in a lot of these hillside homes

I'd be worried about an Oakland hills type of fire...I fact I heard that it's difficult to get fire insurance for these types of homes

May 16, 2006 8:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Houses on stilts are never a good idea. My father used to own one in Fairfax. He sold it after only three years. It's still standing as far as I know, but I sure as hell never would live in such a contraption in such an earthquake- and landslide-prone area as this.

May 16, 2006 11:23 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Ha! That fish eye lens is hilarious. The nerve!

May 17, 2006 1:14 PM  
Blogger Marinite said...

No, that's not a fish eye lens. That's just how warped REality is in Marin. To a Marinite all the walls are planar but to the rest of us it's warped.

Ok, sad attempt at humor.

May 17, 2006 3:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh, yeah, I was -ahem- taken in by the listing too. That's why I had to go see what it actually looked like. Hopefully I can save other poor souls from having to drive there, at least. Bad realtors! Very bad!

May 17, 2006 4:48 PM  
Blogger marine_explorer said...

"No, that's not a fish eye lens"
--That's the view from an actual fish; the home is still underwater from last winter.

May 17, 2006 6:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

look! in the bathroom! is that a LEPRECHAUN under the toadstool?

May 22, 2006 12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot stop laughing at that title :"Shack on a Stick". Indeed. That is what it is.

May 24, 2006 9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home