Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Grandma's House

I just loved the realtor's write-up so I had to post this one: "As-is probate sale; details are in conf. Instructions. Charming grandma's house w/formal dining room, eat-in kitchen, laundry room and garage. Lawn and patio in the rear. Wonderful neighborhood. No flooding." Did you catch that? "No flooding". Realtors are starting to emphasize whether the house is in a flood zone. For those of you not familiar with Marin, many of the so-called desirable areas also happen to flood on occasion (or slide) and do so in a big way (I guess it will only get worse thanks to global warming). I've heard lots of stories (a relative of mine is a big insurance salesman here in Marin) about folks who bought property in the last few years but didn't buy flood insurance because they thought it was too expensive and have recently been flooded. I bet they don't think it is too expensive anymore.

Oh, right, and the details of this charmer: 900 sq ft, 2 br 1 ba, PoS, built in 1921, in San Anselmo asking $675,000. Any grandmas out there who want (and who can afford) to bid on this one?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Grandma's House" is 4 blocks from where I live, so I saw the "for sale" sign go up a couple of weeks ago. It also has the benefit of being 3 houses away from Sir Francis Drake Blvd, which is four lanes through San Anselmo. A little road noise to add to the charm...

March 05, 2006 8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your blog!
I've been looking for a home in Marin for the past year and have been disgusted with what is being offered. I pass this home everyday in San Anselmo and just shake my head in disbelief.

March 12, 2006 1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is now in escrow, according to fhallen.com. It will be interesting to see the final selling price.

March 12, 2006 4:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

April 18, 2006 12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home