Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Flood-Safe Shack in Mill Valley

Enchanting homestead hideaway. Quiet & secluded location at the end of a cul-de-sac. This charming home, on the market for the first time, sits high above a seasonal creek on a large, mostly level lot...Fantastic starter opportunity.
I think this is the smallest Mill Valley POS yet. It comes in with 1 br 1 ba, 988 sq ft (big lot though at 10,500 sq ft), built in 1955. Yet another write-up that hints at being flood-safe (I see a trend starting). At $729,000 the only thing going for it is the lot.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to compliment the fine condition of that driveway, quite good for a POS. I also want to note this looks like a fujitive hideout..but NOT a meth lab. I think the realtor should highlight the non meth lab part.

May 31, 2006 2:18 PM  
Blogger marine_explorer said...

You're buying a lot @ $3M per acre. Or put another way: pay $720K for the lot, pay another $900K for a new house (3000sqft @ 300/sqft), totaling $1.62M--easily more*. But hey, it's only money.


*I'm sure I've lowballed, so fill me in; I hear horror stories about construction rates.

May 31, 2006 5:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Suppose that I have a friend that is planning on bidding on this POS...what should I do?

May 31, 2006 11:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

palladium tell your friend to get brain surgery...hopefully he's not an HMO victim...because this case needs special treatment...

June 01, 2006 12:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

want a true non-biased opion on this one? try one of these numbers:
1-900-floods-every-f-winter
1-900-eat-mold

June 01, 2006 1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't be fooled by the lot size...it's mostly airspace above a gulch...

June 01, 2006 2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Palladium-

Tell him to go to Zip realty and check out the price reduceds and DOM's for the area.

I don't check Marin, but if it's like the rest of the West Coast, it's impressive.

June 03, 2006 12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home